Architecture Portfolio Questions... (for college admissions)

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Architecture Portfolio Questions... (for college admissions)

Postby hans inc. » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:35 pm

---IF YOU CAN JUST ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE DO---

I have done research for a long time... and the answers i got were very broad, vague, and abiguous....

there where no portfolio requirements for the school im applying...

this is my first year being introduced to architecture drafting and CAD... so please have some patients and be VERY PRECISE when answering... (as if i were a two year old)... thank you so much... every answer is appreciated...

1st what should be in it... drawings that show creativity but no scales and stuff (actural pictures of houses or anything...)? floor plans and drafts? CAD drawings?

2nd how important is coloring your drawings? maybe from a scale of 1 to 10

3rd For the sketches in A portfolio (the pictures)... should i be able to use rulers and compases to make my lines straighter or it must or should be free handed, or does it not matter...?

4th should all the "pictures" be architecture related or can you put other things to show your drawing abilities... ?

5th how many of my works should i send to the college.. ? and how many can be not related to architecture... ?

* when i say pictures i mean like just a drawing you made by either eyeing it or thought up in your head...

note about floor plans and drafts... in my auto CAD class, we do floor plans and drafts, i consider them fairly easy but time consuming... basically anyone with a ruler and patience can do them... so are they really that important in a portfolio? how many should i include... ???
hans inc.

Re: Architecture Portfolio Questions... (for college admissions)

Postby Chamfer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Dude, either you have it or you don't.
Chamfer

Return to World Architecture