Architecture Schools

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Architecture Schools

Postby Cliffy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:46 pm

Hello,

I’m new here, and I hope I could get some advice from you at this great website. I’m currently in my final year of a diploma in Architecture at Singapore Polytechnic, and it’s about time I start searching for universities overseas to further my studies.

I have two questions, the first being what is the programme I should be looking for? B Arch or M Arch? What is the difference between the two? My aim is to become a registered architect, and as of now, I will eventually obtain a Diploma in Architecture come 2008.

The second is what are the schools that I can go to? I’m keener to know more about European schools outside of the UK that are in taught in English. (I don’t mind learning a new language, but English would be ideal) I already know somewhat about the UK system, so we can leave that out here.

Any suggestions of which are good? (I know that “good” is a very ambiguous word, but I’m not sure how else it can be phrased)

Currently I have this basic list of schools(non exhaustive), though I’m not sure which I can even gain entry to given my current qualifications. I’m looking for a school that has a programme that can lead me from B Arch to M Arch from my Diploma. I don’t quite understand some of their websites, and are lost. Could you help please?:)

University of Applied Arts Vienna
ECOLE SPECIALE D'ARCHITECTURE
Institut d'arquitectura avançada de Catalunya
Domus Academy
TU Delft
Berlage Institute
ETH, Zurich
Architectural Association School of Architecture
Edinburgh School of Architecture

Thanks in advance!
Cliffy

Return to World Architecture