Internship in Shanghai

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Internship in Shanghai

Postby adamsnothere » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:11 am

Hi there,

I am currently enrolled in the 1st year of a 2 year Masters of Planning Program at the University of Toronto. My program requires that I do an internship in the summer between 1st and 2nd year. I lived in Shanghai last year and would very much like to return there for my internship. In preparation, I have been taking Urban Design studio classes this year. While I am progressing fairly quickly, I am still rather new to the Urban Design side of planning. I do have a reasonably good background (for someone my age) in planning policy, theory, consultations, etc.

My question is how should I be marketing myself to firms in Shanghai? I am looking at setting up a website to host a design portfolio, but I am mindful of the fact that what I can present right now will be somewhat basic. Does anyone have any familiarity with foreign Architecture and Design firms in China? If so, I would appreciate any recommendations in terms of what firms may be looking for and how to present myself. If you are able to suggest any companies that might be interested in a summer intern, that would be fantastic.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Happy holidays.
Adam
adamsnothere

Return to World Architecture