Dublin Docklands

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Dublin Docklands

Postby cokedrinker » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:21 pm

Hello. Im a 6th year architecture student, and have just decided to develop part of the Dublin docklands (one of the plots close to the u2 tower, not sure which yet) for my final design project. Im heading home tomorrow for two days to do a site analysis, and to gather as much information as i can for that area. I was wondering if it is possible to view the proposals for this area of the docklands, and if a member of the public could walk into the DDDA office and view proposed drawings/models for the area? I was also wondering how i would go about getting a CAD map of the area, and a map with contours so as i could draw up a virtual model... any way for a student to get this info cheaply? :)

Cheers,
cokedrinker

Re: Dublin Docklands

Postby Bren88 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:18 pm

cokedrinker wrote:Hello. Im a 6th year architecture student, Where abouts are you studying, don't know any that are 6 years?

I was wondering if it is possible to view the proposals for this area of the docklands, and if a member of the public could walk into the DDDA office and view proposed drawings/models for the area? The council website has maps that show PAs for the area.

I was also wondering how i would go about getting a CAD map of the area, The OS have cad files for the whole country. But they are expensive.

and a map with contours so as i could draw up a virtual model..Thats will be hard to get on a student budget

Hope that helps a little.
Bren88

Return to World Architecture