training for architectural visualization?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

training for architectural visualization?

Postby yamini_kumar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:51 am

Hi,

I m interested in obtaining info for online or CD based training for architectural visualization.

Have tried various books and CDs for softwares like 3DSmax, sketchUP etc and cud achieve typical 3D views but even all the basic help was very time consuming. They go too much into explaining commands and technicalities rather than focusing on a type of building to be accomplished. I am seriously looking for some tips and guidance from an architect or a trainer who uses these softwares for pure architectural point of view.

Will appreciate any help!

Thanks.
yamini_kumar

Re: training for architectural visualization?

Postby garymcginty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Visit cgarchitect.com - most of what you need is there
garymcginty

Postby cokedrinker » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:47 am

cgarcrhitect is ok, some excellent stuff up there but alot of it aint so great.... and alot of the critiques are...clueless ...
before you can become good representing your project, you should understand how the most basic of things can make it the DOGGS BALLS.

I would definetly recommend Draper, 'Deconstructing the Elements with 3DS 6' , and hes got a website xenomorph.com or somethin with some great tutirials also, google the man.
Dedicate some serious time to 3DS... Its the most fun and rewarding program i come across

All this MASTERING AUTODESK XXX is crap TBH
cokedrinker

Postby CGICostings » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know rough estimates of what UK Architects are chargng for 3D CGI images and walkthroughs. Can anyone help :)
CGICostings

Postby Iain Macaskill » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 am

try; http://www.academyclass.co.uk/3ds-max-essentials-masterclass.asp

Academy Class run a 5 day 3ds Max Masterclass each month, its a 10am to 5pm intensive course with a maximum class size od 8 people. It is led by an Autodesk Certifed instructor and supported with the offical Autodesk 3ds Max books.
Iain Macaskill

Postby Karl Duvall » Mon May 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Yamini.

There are plenty of CG tutorials on the net, CG architect is a great site for finding tutorials. You can also post your work for crits from some of the industries leading artists. Best advice I can give you is to model and texture map the objects around you, ie desk PC telephone room window lighting etc..this way you have something to hand to compare with your CG scene.

Good Luck, feel free to email me with any questions you may have and I will help you if I can.
Karl Duvall

Return to World Architecture