URGENT!Paulo Mendes da Rocha

World architecture... what's happening generally....

URGENT!Paulo Mendes da Rocha

Postby swallowed » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:32 pm

Hi I'm studying architecture and I have to do a project on "Antonio Junqueria's House" by Paulo Mendes da Rocha. I can't find anything on this building ... I haven't even seen a picture of it yet and there are very limited resources on this architect. Can anyone help me? The building is in Sao Paulo. I also need to get hold of blueprints for this building. Any help is greatly appreciated
swallowed

Re: URGENT!Paulo Mendes da Rocha

Postby ctesiphon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:09 pm

Have you Googled the architect's name?
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Paulo+Mendes+da+Rocha&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Or done a search on Google Images?
http://images.google.ie/images?q=Paulo+Mendes+da+Rocha&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N
7 pages of pictures- one of them must give you a lead.

And the top listing in the main Google search is his homepage, which gives links to the RIBA database etc. Was archiseek your first port of call or your last resort? It took me less than a minute to unearth this info...
ctesiphon
Old Master

Postby swallowed » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:02 am

Eek! I feel very stupid now. The spelling I had gotten on my brief was Paolo Mendez da rocha... When posting that request I Spelt Paulo the way I would usually have spelt it... not their way. Thanks for the info :) and no it was a last resort..I had tried good few places. Eventually found one book in the library in my college today but still very limited
swallowed

Postby ctesiphon » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:33 am

For the record, I think it might be 'Junqueira' rather than 'Junqueria', if it makes any difference.
Hope you found what you needed.

(Incidentally- where are you studying?)
ctesiphon
Old Master

Postby swallowed » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:51 am

cheers! Yeah as I said the spelling they gave me seems to be all wrong. I'm in first year Bolton street. I just saw the house I have to study for the first time today and I'm so impressed with his work. Like it is so unbelievably modern and timeless for 1980
swallowed

Postby jayluna » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:18 pm

mendes da rocha is the best architect in the world and has been for years.
a poetic genius ahead of his time.
jayluna

Return to World Architecture