hey help me

World architecture... what's happening generally....

hey help me

Postby sathish21sar413 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:18 am

hel[B]lo everyone . .
i am plannin to do a portfolio of my works . . in architectu. . i need some guidance like wat r the considerations i should take while doin a portfolio . . .and etc . .can u help me to find a website were different students portfolio are exhibited. . please. . thank u .
sathish21sar413

Re: hey help me

Postby MatB » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:44 am

I suggest you check your spelling and make sure whatever you write makes sense.
MatB

Postby Rusty Cogs » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:07 pm

It had to be said.
Rusty Cogs

Postby Padraic » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:38 pm

cant people help other people in this forum, it seems when ever a student asks for some help, but use internet language (text) they get an upstuck response! these people are looking for your direction and help in life, toget into a profession which they admire and respect, a profession that most people here are in!
most youg people are on the internet all the time and use short hand and other types of text which they can all read easily, cut them some slack!!!!

sathish21sar413 when doing your portfolio remember that is to be visually pleasing, do not have a lot of text in it as when you are doing interviews or presentations nobody has the time to read what is written, make sure you label your drawings and images, try to keep to a type of format for each project 9 a theme or something like that), the background should not stand out! ahh i cant think of anything else at the moment im afraid, im a little bit rusty!
Padraic

Postby aaron » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:35 am

i agree, with the last comment, and make sure that this is not a chance for you to test out what photoshop can do, but what you can do with photoshop. dont feel like you need to put everything in, ive had friends who were accepted on three or four image portfolios.. make it an expression of yourself, and lead with your best work, donºt overkill on quantity...but spelling does count too....donºt pay attention to mine, i have yet to meet an architect who spells correctly all the time...no one is perfect, but let the review board at school think you are. most of all have fun with it... my favorite part of school was going through a semesters worth of work and pondering what i like best out of the pile. always remember to keep updating your portfolio too...you will eventually be looking for internships and its good to keep them posted on what youve been doing, and it saves you from doing it all at the end...good luck
aaron

Return to World Architecture