3D Design programs for Architecture

World architecture... what's happening generally....

3D Design programs for Architecture

Postby John Silva » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:19 am

Hi all,

I'm not an architect but due to professional reasons I had to start learning some of the architecture basics. Now I need to use a 3D program which allows me to create a building and walk around it, seeing all the internal and external details.

I've tried the 3D Home Architect Deluxe 6 but the "walk around" tool is not working good with me, since the navigation is done with the mouse. Could someone here please tell me what's the best program available for this purpose? The me is being able to create any kind of building and being able to walk all around it in 3D.

I'd also ask you people to point some sites where I could learn more about those 3D programs and the architecture basics. I'm a complete newbie.

Thanks in advance,

John Silva
John Silva

Re: 3D Design programs for Architecture

Postby sw101 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:47 pm

sw101

Postby vandif » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:57 pm

Try Autodesk Viz 2005... it pretty easy to use..
vandif

Postby tungstentee » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:49 pm

would definately recommend sketch up as its great for rendering in a sketchier style and its easy on the pocket as well as being extremely user friendly...viz is more a professional photo realistic programme, hence it will cost you a hefty few grand, and no matter what anyone says it is a complicated programme to get your head around.
tungstentee

Postby sw101 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:05 pm

tungstentee wrote:would definately recommend sketch up as its great for rendering in a sketchier style and its easy on the pocket as well as being extremely user friendly...viz is more a professional photo realistic programme, hence it will cost you a hefty few grand, and no matter what anyone says it is a complicated programme to get your head around.

seconded. try http://www.cgarchitect.com for galleries and tutorials on 3d modelling.

i learned all there is to know about sketchup in a day. been using viz for 2 years and i still find new tricks and tools all the time.
sw101

Postby dzineminded » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:40 pm

If you have the money to spend, than Form-Z is by far the most user friendly. If you are not someone who uses Auto CAD a lot than learning the controls is even easier because they are simple. Modeling is easy. There are ways to create animation walk thrus but it is not very efficient and lacks quality. Rhino (by Mcneel) is a good program if you are used to Auto CAD. It is fairly new so it is constantly changing and being improved. These are all good modeling programs. Now you can drop these models into 3-d studio max if you are good and make a walk-thru. 3-d Studio max is for rendering and animation, excellent program. Sketch up is good for visiualizing basic building shapes and is easy to use but I find it lacks in quality productions. Happy Modeling!!! :D
dzineminded

Return to World Architecture