What does transit architecture means to you?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

What does transit architecture means to you?

Postby rat » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:07 am

Hello!
I'm interested to know what does transit architecture means to you? Is there any particular examples or references I can look through to clear my doubt? Your kind help is much appreciated. God bless =)
rat

Re: What does transit architecture means to you?

Postby RSJ » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:00 am

Taken on a practical level, sounds like the architecture of such things as transport interchanges, shipping terminals, airports and the like. Places where large numbers of people shift from one thing to another.
RSJ

Postby rat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:22 pm

Thanks dude. God bless!
But is there any good examples of transit architecture especially relating to tropical bus transit?
rat
rat

Postby JJ » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:09 pm

rat wrote:Thanks dude. God bless!
But is there any good examples of transit architecture especially relating to tropical bus transit?
rat

Have a look at Curitiba in Brazil. Very impressive bus shelters.

I'd recommend Future Transport in Cities by Brian Richards published by SPON 2001. Its a little out of date now but still very informative.

Also Modern trains and Splendid Stations published by Merrell. Mainly Rail and Airport and focused on large scale projects with a few small examples from the USA.

JJ
JJ

thanks!

Postby rat » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:01 pm

Dear JJ,
Thanks a million for your time. I really do appreciate it. May the Lord bless you. Well, i'm a student . I was rather lost as there weren't much references i could get about my project.
I also noticed you're an architect. Thanks for taking the time off your busy schedule to clear my grey cloud.
Have a Great Day!
cheers,
rat
rat

Return to World Architecture