architecture schools in the UK

World architecture... what's happening generally....

architecture schools in the UK

Postby emily » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:18 pm

Hello everyone.....

Hope you don't mind me popping in from across the pond. I stumbled upon your forum when I did a search and I thought you might be able to help me.

I am an unlicensed architect currently working at a firm in the Midwestern United States.....I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from the University of Cincinnati (which, at last check, was the top ranked undergraduate school in this country - not trying to boast, just giving you context). Anyway, I was thinking I might like to go back to school to get a post-professional/graduate degree so that I could teach. I have been toying with the idea of trying to get into school over there, so my question to you is, what universities should I be looking into for a secondary degree? Also, are there any universities which offer a specialized degree in sustainability? I emailed the AA in London for information but they didn't respond, and getting into there is probably unrealistic anyway......

Any suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Also, please note that if Bush gets reelected in November, the chances of me trying to go to school in the UK will increase exponentially. :)
emily

Re: architecture schools in the UK

Postby CM00 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:58 pm

Emily, if you go to http://www.virginstudent.co.uk, they have a rating there of the top UK universities for architecture. There is some information and contact details. My advice would be to take a selection from that page and then research it through the different websites or through http://www.UCAS.co,uk which has a general overview on each course. You will probably have to apply through Ucas as well, so it would be time well spent. hope this has been a help.
CM00

Postby gholamalia » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:48 pm

hi
i am gholamali alimohammadi
i am an architect.
i studyed arcitecture in MS. but for political case i cant get a degree.
i need help.
gholamalia

Postby RICHARD ADU GYM » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:23 pm

i complete school of engineering, kumasi polytechnic Ghana,i read construction technician part one to level three equivalent to HND,i am looking for best school of achitectural and engineering school at uk which school fees is very moderate, i need help
RICHARD ADU GYM

Postby modular man » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:08 pm

RICHARD ADU GYM wrote:i complete school of engineering, kumasi polytechnic Ghana,i read construction technician part one to level three equivalent to HND,i am looking for best school of achitectural and engineering school at uk which school fees is very moderate, i need help

Richard, You are going to have to check individually every university website for fee information however you will probably have to pay overseas fees which tend to be alot more expensive then European fees. There are lots of scholarships available and here again you will have to check individual websites.
Just check to see that wherever you go is accredited through RIBA or the equivalent professional body otherwise your degree/diploma is not worth much.
Also, if you go to London the fees will be the same as everywhere else however the cost of living will be more expensive then elsewhere in the UK.
modular man

Return to World Architecture