Dream and Architecture

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Dream and Architecture

Postby ccsteph » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:30 pm

Life is a game of complexity, we are all part of it. there are waking life and dream life. I am interested in dreams since i am little. the sensation of dream state give me many inspirations. some of my dreams have trigger my imagination, and gives me ideas for my design. Are there anyone in the world have some opinion or suggestion or experiences on the issue of dream state and architecture?
ccsteph

Postby Ainaa » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:53 am

Well it depends on what the dream is about... If the dream is about fairytales and living the old high life you see on Cinderella, then Neoclassical seems nice... But dreamstate as in getting to see the world? I think post modern sounds nice.
Ainaa

Postby space_invader » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:08 pm

architecture is like magic.

slow motion magic.

something from nothing spurred on and dragged into the material world by complex magical symbols scrawled on paper.

architecture starts as a dream - a desire. however, the end result is often a nightmare.

most buildings are shit because most dreams are shit.

anyway....

there is a real brain condition - i forget what is is called - but it allows for the afflicted person to fully realise complex 3d objects (buildings, machines etc.) to be envisaged correctly, proportionately, totally accurately before any drawings etc have been attempted.

nicolai tesla (famous electrical scientist 19th century) had it. i'd imagine gaudi also had it.

It is beleived that this condition is caused by a mutation of the area in the brain that governs dreams and halucinations.

i've got it a wee bit. (hah i wish)

never understood plans and sections me. wanted 3D straightaway gimme gimme gimme
space_invader

Postby roskav » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:11 pm

miralles said he worked from his dreams
roskav

Postby shadow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:57 pm

Palladio wnet about correcting his
shadow

Postby inJ!Nuity » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:10 am

I'm new to architecture. I just started getting into it as I'm hoping to study architecture in the future.

The first architect I've ever read anything on, was Gaudi. I started really getting into my passion of architecture so I went to get some books at the local library.

I read of this Antonio Gaudi dude few months ago; never heard of him in my whole life. But from what I read, it seemed his beliefs in life inspired him to do what he did in architecture.

Antonio Gaudi who believed that, 'if nature is the work of God and architectural forms are derived from nature, this means that the work of the Creator is being continued.'

Gaudi said that God continued the Creation through man, and he (Gaudi) tried to be worthy of this creative act.

-J!N
inJ!Nuity

Return to World Architecture