portuguese domotics

World architecture... what's happening generally....

portuguese domotics

Postby Rita Ochoa » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:37 pm

As you know for know "domotics" in Portugal means "a computer network that you can install at your house, not consediring the relation with the architectural project itself, if you have a lot of money".

This guys here are trying to change that image and "rebuild" the concept by building the 1st smart house on CONCRETA - an International Building Materials Exhibition at North Portugal. The site is quite bad but the constrution pictures can give you a good idea of the project (click on the small pop-up window):

http://www.casainteligente2002.com

the site has an english version and you can visit the house untill the end of 2002
Rita Ochoa

Postby Marco Carrico » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:59 pm

>As you know for know "domotics" in Portugal means "a computer network that you can install at your house...

This is too far from reality, I am as an architect perfectly familiar with domotics when designing and I work close with a portuguese company that is very professional on installing the systems and maintenance. There are also a few international components manufactors that have their representation offices in Portugal.

For more info about me and my work please visit my site at:
www.marcocarrico.com
Marco Carrico

Postby Rita Ochoa » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:46 pm

I didn't say domotics is just that... I said it's the general idea of portuguese people. It's good to know there are people like you working on that field. Do you have any exemples online? I tried your webpage but I didn't find much information...
Rita Ochoa

Postby Marco Carrico » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:31 pm

I do not have any examples on my site because domotics is just a subject I care while designing, not my speciality. I do work with portuguese experts on this field.
Marco Carrico

Return to World Architecture