Architects Hobbies

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Architects Hobbies

Postby Rita Ochoa » Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:23 pm

Considering that most of you are architects and therefore don't have much spair time and regular schedules, what do you do/wish to do on your free time?
Is it something related to the arts or just something complety different ?

For you, irish ones, I'm already including "PUB", don't need to include it.

"ARCHFORUMS" is included for all too!
Rita Ochoa

Postby piaotingxue » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:08 am

I wanna ask you I am not a Irish,I can tell you the ideas belong to me ? I am a novice, and live in China. From sun setting ,I begin to work,till stars sleeping,but when you face your plan , what feeling do you have ????
piaotingxue

Postby Rita Ochoa » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:11 pm

I think you need to rest more... I know you need to fight because you are young but don't let work kill you. Also a creative job like this needs to be supported by relax / reflection / pleasure moments... to much stress is sure nocive for your imagination.
Rita Ochoa

Postby piaotingxue » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:45 am

Let me feel sorrow! I have no time to learn piano! The boss only call me"hurry!maggie!we have little time to draw!"
In china, a lot of architects work like that! Little beautiful design,a lot of buildings have the same face ,like brother and sisiter!hihi!
what about you and your work ?your city ?:rolleyes:
piaotingxue

Postby piaotingxue » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:51 am

When I talk with "you "in net ,you must have a good dream ! I am working now ! I hope you will give me your happy news about your work , I like the building in china, do you ?????
piaotingxue

Postby Rita Ochoa » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:26 pm

Yes, I was probably dreaming and vice-versa. Anyway, people work a lot here too, ie. irish and portuguese people are the ones who work more in average in all Europe. And young architects work a lot too, belive me: many times no weekends, nights without sleeping, weird schecules, no big salaries, falling asleep at the nightclubs, lots of expressos and lack of quality time with your friends, family, etc. All this doubles when you study and work at the same time.
See? you're not the only one and we try here to discuss ideas, sometimes have fun and forget about all that... relax.

I've never visited China but I would love to do it someday. Maybe in 2 years. Any sugestions of places/buildings to visit and things to do?
Rita Ochoa

Postby piaotingxue » Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:48 am

My message will call you get up ????:)
I know what 's you mean ,thanks a lot ! Yesterday ,I am busy all time , when I give the plan that I think it very suitable , all the architects (three men add me ) have a
dicussion, they can't recieve my idea , say "It is waste a lot money!" "It waste more area that can catch light !" hearing these , I hope
to do best myself ! when I have lots expr,they will not say that words , all the architects agree him who had been worked in Japan! except me !!!! Just because a novice !!!!:confused:
piaotingxue

Give you some pictures

Postby piaotingxue » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:02 am

Do you like it ?
Attachments
èýôªçå.jpg
èýôªçå.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 720 times
piaotingxue

Postby Rohan » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:28 pm

I like your photo piathingxue we have no urban compaction like that in Australia. It is indeed a beautiful image
Rohan

Postby Rohan » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:28 pm

I like your photo piathingxue we have no urban compaction like that in Australia. It is indeed a beautiful image
Rohan

Postby farazarchi » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:55 am

hi there "you miss the trees" hobby!!!!!!!!
anyway i think working round the clock is international for all of ...........student......
but a bout my hobby just surfing in net really because of wierd time table
.....i think architecture is really a big hobby(by itself)
here in iran we do almost two thing 1_chat 2_playing billiard
farazarchi

Return to World Architecture