Now, no dissing of Dublin in this thread, try and keep this positive rather than bitching about Dublin as in other threads.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2000 11:00 pm
- Location: London
A little tip !! The best kept secret for favourite old town would have to be Castellammare de Golfo 40 kms west of Palermo Sicilyâ€¦â€¦God its November how I wish I was back.
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2000 12:00 am
- Location: Dublin
Belem is a place to retreat to in a Graham Greene kind of way. Or a Le Carre, Tailor-of-Panama kind of way, if you prefer.
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:00 pm
- Location: London England
The sunlight and the colors are very beautifull
The Saint Jorge's Castle is a great place to look at the city
I just arrived from Mumbai. A caotic city but very peculiar
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:48 pm
- Location: Lisbon
StephenC wrote:Beachlife - Perth
..... there are no beaches in Perth, Australia.
Do u mean Freemantle down the river?
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:52 pm
1. barcelona - for all aspects of living
2. london - for its variety
3. munich for its cathedral spires and the city is beautiful esp. with a bit of snow
4. vienna - for its richness of architecture
5. paris - same as above
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:28 pm
cajual wrote:can any city compare with NYC? its in a category of its own.
sure, other cities have x, y, and z -but New York has the whole spectrum of humanity.
you just feel that anything can happen at any moment- incredible place.
Couldn't disagree more. NYC is great but lacks too much for me to choose it. Hong Kong, Bangkok, Rome and Paris all great cities, but for me the answer is always going to be London. London has everything, from the glitzy West End to seedy SoHo, China Towns to Little Indias, Modern Skyscrapers to Royal Historic Palaces, Oliver Twist to Harry Potter, Harrods to Notting Hill, Tube trains to Rickshaws and everything in between. Absolutely magical place, simply unique.
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:00 pm
- Location: Cork, People's Republic of
from the observation deck top of the roc
- observation_ge_esb.jpg (48.04 KiB) Viewed 3051 times
- paul h
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:52 am
- Location: Dublin