1. Type of Competition: Open Competition
2.Organizer: International Concept Competition Committee of Northern Osaka Station Area (Urban Development Corporation, Japan Railway Construction Public Corporation, Kansai Economic Federation, Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Osaka Prefectural Government, City of Osaka)
Support: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Kansai Council
3. Eligibility: There is no restriction on applicantsÂ¹ nationality or qualification. Individuals or groups of individuals are eligible.
4. Language Use: English or Japanese
5. Proposal Area: The site of Umeda Freight station (approx.24 ha)
6. Proposal Contents:
(1) Concept as a basis for the development of the site and its urban planning principles
(2) Desirable land use and introduction of facilities and functions
(3) Urban environment considerations and urban design principles
7. Entries: (1) Proposal Paper (2) Panel (3) Summary
8. Winners Awards: The prize total 20 million yen, 3 excellence prizes of 5 million yen each and 5 fine works prizes of 1 million yen each are scheduled.
9. Jury members: ANDO Tadao, ISHIMORI Shuzo, ITO Shigeru, KAWAKATSU Heita, KUMAGAI Nobuaki, ZANMA Rieko, James BAXTER,?TAGUCHI Yoshiaki, NARUMI Kunihiro, HONMA Masaaki,?MURAHASHI Masatake ?and others
Registration : 01.09-31.10.2002
Submission term : 01.12.2002-31.01.2003
Announcement of the results by the jury : (Planned) March.2003
Awards ceremony : (Planned) March.2003
Secretariat for the International Concept Competition Committee of Northern Osaka Station Area
OCAT Building 1st floor,1-4-1, Minato-machi, Naniwa ward, Osaka-city, 556-0017 ,JAPAN
Guidelines for application is scheduled to be available in the end of August.?
For the details about this competition, please see our web site.
- Old Master
- Posts: 5394
- Joined: Wed Mar 03, 1999 12:00 am
- Location: Monaghan