Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh

Postby Deane Tunaley » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:05 am

Can anybody tell me what is the height of the Balmoral Hotel from street level (Princes St) to the top of the tower?

Alternatively, where would be a good (internet) place for me to look for the data? I've Googled myself senseless but have had no luck.

Reason for asking is I need this info in order to make an accurate 3D graphics model of the building. Just need a reliable height reference to scale the model on.

Thanks all.

Deane
Deane Tunaley

Postby Andrew Duffy » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:45 am

Have you contacted the hotel itself? If not, Scottish Heritage (if that's the correct name...) might be able to help you.
Andrew Duffy

Postby Deane Tunaley » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:32 am

Actually I'm asking on behalf of someone else, but apparently he e-mailed the hotel and received no reply (they probably only care if you want to book a room there!).

Scottish Heritage did come up on my various Google searches but I didn't see any specific info on the height of that building. I did however find out the architect was William Hamilton Beattie but I cannot find any reference to his original plans.

Thanks for the hint anyway Andrew, I will have another look at Scottish Heritage.
Deane Tunaley

Return to World Architecture