improvements

Anything you would like to see on the website?

improvements

Postby Paul Clerkin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:23 pm

Working on a new search engine for archiseek.com which will index all the pages on archiseek including the discussions, the pages on archeire.com and hughpearman.com

i might even set it up to index a few external websites.......

it will leave us with a powerful search tool which will kick ass (technical term)

also over the next week or so, you will notice some slight changes to the templates as i update the html with css.. this will include a search box in the top right corner of every page for ease of use and some drop down menus....
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby ro_G » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:05 pm

new forum layout is a lot easier to read also
ro_G

Postby Paul Clerkin » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:32 pm

the search is now working although still in beta for the time being as i iron out a few bugs.... it hasn't indexed the entire site yet.... you'll see the search box in the top right hand corner of the pages that it has been inserted in todate...

if you want to try it... try "gehry" or "miralles" for a good selection of pages...
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby garethace » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:26 pm

Any value in getting a forum dedicated to environmental issues Paul.... I mean to say, they are becoming more and more a part of our daily lifes nowadays... in everything from smoking in public places to architecture and energy consumption etc, etc.

A lot of well made points in this particular article here:

http://www.greeningearthsociety.org/wca/2004/wca_15b.html

About how the 'concerns' for the environment and health, now considered to be mainstream were once laughed at.... I tried to start a thread here about environment/energy...

http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2909

but I don't think that it really belongs in the 'Irish Architecture' section.... just wondering what you do think Paul? I do find it quite interesting, that noone has yet even began a 'no-smoking' thread at this board yet.... :) But I mean, this whole environmental debate is really starting to gain wheels right now... and will more than lightly 'evolve' even further as years go by.... just thought that it might be an interesting way to 'track' changing perspectives, issues, and opinions about these matters - so as to provide a kinda 'archive' much later on.

What do ya think?

Brian O' Hanlon.
garethace

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:57 am

Some more changes being made to archeire's navigation - so some areas have been updated and others havents...

basically, i'm merging "Onsite Ireland" into news, as I feel its a bit lost between having "buildings of ireland" and "unbuilt ireland"... the links to "busaras", "castletown house", and "christchurch cathedral" will not be through "buildings of ireland"

this will shorten the navigation but no pages will be deleted, just moved...
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Suggestions & Announcements