environmentally sound construction

World architecture... what's happening generally....

environmentally sound construction

Postby hayley » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:59 pm

could you please tell me if there are any "green buildings" in Ireland such as buildings that use solar power, and wind turbines etc. to provide electricty etc
hayley

Postby Rita Ochoa » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:27 pm

I know at least one building like the one you are searching for. I think it´s called "Green Building" and it´s situaded in Temple Bar, Dublin. It´s a residential building...I have some published information about it too...
Rita Ochoa

Postby Rita Ochoa » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:27 pm

I know at least one building like the one you are searching for. I think it´s called "Green Building" and it´s situaded in Temple Bar, Dublin. It´s a residential building...I have some published information about it too...but it´s in portuguese!

The Green Building
23 Temple Lane
Temple Bar, Dublin 2
(I think!)

[This message has been edited by Rita Ochoa (edited 27 February 2002).]
Rita Ochoa

Postby Juan » Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:26 am

A few of them; The one Rita's talking about, was done by Murray/O'Laoire. Unfortunately it was more an ad for their office than a real green act: I won't deny it is not efficient, but it's the only green one they ever done.
You have as well in Dublin the Daintree Building, by Solearth, which is supposed to be a good exemple.
I'd rather advise you to look for a book called "Green Architecture in Ireland", if I remember well, by the Office of Public Work and University College Dublin, 1996.
Juan

Postby Mafalda Ramalho » Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:32 pm

Is there in Ireland any project envolving an urban area in terms of sustainable development?
For example: an integration of sustainable components in a urbanization plan and in consequence all the constrution (buildings, squares, urban equipment, etc...) of that area implies environment balance.

Mafalda
(ps. sorry about my english... I hope you'll understand it!)

[This message has been edited by Mafalda Ramalho (edited 23 March 2002).]
Mafalda Ramalho

Postby Rita Ochoa » Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:54 pm

Tell me Juan, solar panels are something really worthfull in Ireland, at a domestic scale or not. I mean, the number of hours with direct sun exphosition can be very relative....
Rita Ochoa

Return to World Architecture