suggestions for my thesis

World architecture... what's happening generally....

suggestions for my thesis

Postby lulu » Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:06 pm

I'm interested in fashion and architecture and I want to make a thesis of architecture project and fashion design.
Is the fashion product a space?
Is it possible to project fashion from the project of spaces or together like one single entity?
I'm still brain-storming....come and make your brain run with mine!
lulu

Postby Rosie » Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:08 pm

calm down mate. important to pick a topic you will still find interesteing 6 months down the road. i suggest compiling brief regarding various stages of fashion in terms of entrance,education and graduation, perhaps over a 3 year cycle within an architectural shell.
everything can have an architectural aspect if approached in a simple and matter-of-fact manner. tho' long time ago, (before world cup 90)a pal was refused a football stadium as a proposed thesis topic. funny that. you probably wouldn't have that problem now given the current climate. for a while in the seventies, cemetaries and prisons were very popular.
i had a bit of difficulty understanding your mail. like i said, if there is one thing i have learned since thesis, think simply.....and it will come.
Rosie

Postby Rita Ochoa » Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:03 pm

Maybe this can help you: in Portugal there is only 1 fashion design course in college (6 years) and it´s teached on the Faculdade de Arquitectura de Lisboa (Lisbon's Architecture College). Some of the college works and theses are made in group (fashion students + architecture students) and some masters were made already. Maybe some of them developed subjects like yours, relating fashion and architecture.
I also doubt that something is published online but you can always try looking.
Good Luck!
Rita Ochoa

Return to World Architecture