Can ART STUDENTS study architecture?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Can ART STUDENTS study architecture?

Postby i_notforget » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:29 am

Hi, everybody!
I am a high school student from Malaysia.
I am wondering if i can study architecture as i am an art student. (Is it a stupid question? But i would really like to know the answer....) :confused:
I went to several universities' website and found that both science and arts are required in study architecture--------a mixture of arts and science.
Can anybody answer my question pls...thank you ;)
i_notforget

Re: Can ART STUDENTS study architecture?

Postby rajiv » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:57 pm

it's good to join the architecture after art studies i think any one can design the building if he understand the manner of normal people usage of people etc. after studying art it gives more artistic touch to building as GAUDI's buildings it is not funny or meaning less question. but u should join the architecture

and ya if possible i want to see your work as artist my e mail adress is rajiv_babalu@yahoo.com
rajiv

Re: Can ART STUDENTS study architecture?

Postby i_notforget » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:05 am

What i mean to ART STUDENT is that we study only history, geography, languages, maths and art, we dont study science.... I am not an artist....Sorry for letting u misunderstood, but i do like drawing.. but not very professional, i can send u my work...

I went to many universities' website to look for their admission requirement to study architecture, most of them require PHYSICS/SOCIAL SCIENCES,MATHS,ENGLISH. I would like to try architecture,but i would not be able to take PHYSICS in my A LEVEL exam as this year would be my last yr in high school(I will be facing my A Level exam in September 2005).

I dont know what can i do now? But i would really like to give a try in architecture....
i_notforget

Return to World Architecture