best place to study architecture?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

best place to study architecture?

Postby fitwit3 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:41 pm

Hi
i live in York, england, but have been offered a place to study architecture at UCD next year. i have also been offered a place at Nottingham in England.
Does anyone have any advice for which to choose? which is the best place in ireland to study?
thanks
fitwit3

Postby what? » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:33 pm

thats a tough one to call. i would say ucd has on the whole a better quality of lecturers and some would say is the best architecture college in the country. on the other hand all the recent student awards have been swept by DIT or queens. once thought of as a poor relation to UCD, DIT has upgraded its facilities to a very high standard and is becoming the better place to study (even better if they lost some of the deadweight staff). as with any college tho the courses are what you make them.
what?

Postby Euphon » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:13 am

The Bartlett, London is probably one of the best
Euphon

Postby ze lemon » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:10 am

thats looks like a no-contest, nottingham is currently rated as the best school in britain (yes its ahead of the bartlett). You have the finest lectures (neil leach et al) in Britain on a very fine campus.
ze lemon

Postby sw101 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:28 am

neil leach is a lovely guy. good lecturer and interesting approach to design. who else ye got?
sw101

Postby zukki » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:40 am

all depends on what you want... more creativity or more academic knoledge... :) if ya choose 2nd - than the best is MIARCH (well ...i say like that cause i study there ...on da 2nd course already) :o) ...MIARCH is the central architectural uni in Russia ...located in Moscow city :P the only difficulty is that you should know russian :))))))))))
zukki

Return to World Architecture