Sangria Night

World architecture... what's happening generally....

Sangria Night

Postby Fiona » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:20 pm

D.I.T. are supposedly not allowing our annual Halloween Sangria night be held on D.I.T. property due to new health and safety regulations.
Does anyone have a suggestion of where to hold it?
Fiona

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:58 pm

Find someone with access to a rooftop garden?
Any decent bar with a closed off room?
Downstairs around the pool table in GUBU
The Boardwalk
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:58 pm

You may also get a better answer on P45.net
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby GregF » Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:21 am

.....how about out in a field around a big bonfire with a few naggons and flaggons ......just like our gaelic ancestors....hee hee ......only kidding.
GregF
Old Master

Postby iuxta » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:55 pm

you'll find it hard to find a pub that will let you bring in wine and fruit and mix up sangria behind the bar, but maybe one of the local bars like the king's Inn? thay have an upstairs room.

otherwise, how about somewhere like the MACRO centre on North King Street? they may have a licence.

Thinking about it, i'm not really sure if you can really hire a room someplace and then serve alchohol without a licence. so maybe a pub is your only option. in which case you'll have to change the format a bit from the usual.

the sangria night always seemed to cause problems in Bolton Street. is it not possible to hold it in the S.U.? they are kitted out similar to a bar, having all the required exits and the like. i always wondered why they never beacme a bar, most of the other colleges have one.

is there a chance that this new "health and safety" regulations that they talk about are a bit of a ruse to get the event out of the building? it'll be interesting to see if they can still hold the wine receptions and the like that they used to hold after events like the travelling scholership forum, interact awards, and thesis results, or if it only affects events involving sangria.
iuxta

Postby Fiona » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:43 pm

We had Sangria night in Croke Park and it was the best one so far!
Seems like we dont need D.I.T. after all.
Fiona

Return to World Architecture