24 Hour Acess At Dit?

World architecture... what's happening generally....

24 Hour Acess At Dit?

Postby gessee » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:42 pm

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE SUPPOSED NEW 24 HOUR STUDIO IN GREEN STREET FOR THE 5TH YEAR ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS IN BOLTON ST? IS IT GOING AHEAD OR WHATS THE STORY?
gessee

Postby ditSUCKS » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:27 pm

word on the streets is that its not gonna happen for this year....

what a load of bollocks...
ditSUCKS

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:54 am

Interesting debating techniques... its a wonder that the college doesnt want to sit down and discuss the matter with you...
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby Five » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:39 am

Mr Clerkin,
Perhaps the filppant nature of these remarks reflects that requests by students are rarely met. I am now in third year. In first year we were told that the fifth years would move into studios by December, we were told the same in second year. Considering few of our other requests have been met, (more and younger lecturers, computers, more space), I can't see how anyone can be particularly enthusiastic. I think you appeared on other student forum about Bolton ST. I would presume you are aware of the problems in Bolton St. Don't try to blame the lack of a new fifth year studio on the students being uncooperative.
Five

Postby Paul Clerkin » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:11 am

There's no point or need in getting snotty with me.... my response was perfectly justified by the attitudes above my post.... a handle such as "ditsucks" hardly demonstrates advanced discussion techniques...
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby bellc » Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:43 pm

I hardly think that a sensorious attitude helps either... If a valid point is made eloquently using vocabulary from the margins and beyond those of 'Standard English', so be it, love...

DIT need to be pulled up by the boot-straps at the moment anyway, I hear.
bellc

Postby bellc » Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:46 pm

(Sorry, the above point was in response to Mr. Clerkin's last remark)
bellc

Postby Aken » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:29 pm

There are better ways of saying it but i agree. I have been there and spoken to students and having to work in such a small space using dated computers etc leads to fustritation which in turn leads to poor work... poor grades... poor quaifications... poor job... poor pay ... poor job satisfaction. The requests are not unreasonable but from what i gather they are not even being entertained. Last year I went to Kingston Universtiy near london for an openday and the facilities there are quiet something compared to Bolton street. I was also in UCD about 3 years age and i'm not sure if they have moved from the building they were in so i cant comment on that. There being only 3 degree courses for architecture in ireland you would imaging that the facilities would be second to none. I know i'm possibly soeaking against most students but perhaps if/when tuition fees are reintroduced it may go some way to solving these problems.
Aken

Return to World Architecture