Why go Bald?

Why go Bald?

Postby john white » Wed Sep 01, 1999 9:50 am

It's a funny coincidence - a friend and I were passing it last Saturday evening and we remarked on it's not being lit up. I was hoping it wouldn't end up on a skip! Now it's in the papers.

I said to my friend Alan that if it was discarded somebody should rescue it and place it on a 50 foot high revolving pillar/pole in the middle of O'Connel Street.

I think that would look fabulous.

All the poor overworked slobs [like ourselves] dragging themselves into work each winter morning, looking up:

"WHY GO BALD?"

"Bloody right - I quit!"
john white

Postby Siobhán » Sun Sep 05, 1999 8:33 pm

There was a society in UCD about 6 years ago called simply The Why Go Bald? Society. Its sole objective was to get the sign re-lit. They claimed to be successful (and they might have been at the time - I do remember it having been lit up over the last few years).

The soc was subsequently disbanded, its purpose having been fulfilled - though I do think it existed in other forms as Naked Soc and Odd Soc. I also think I know one particular guy who was involved in it, who's still around UCD, so next time I see him I'll ask him about it & report back!

Siobhán
Siobhán

Postby john white » Tue Sep 07, 1999 9:54 am

I can't wait Siobhan. You know, most of the stuff on this forum is often so trivial...

John
john white

Postby RoryW » Wed Sep 08, 1999 3:46 pm

I had nothing to do with Odd Soc or Naked soc, but......
RoryW

Postby john white » Wed Sep 08, 1999 6:13 pm

Rory

Eh?

John
john white

Return to Ireland