Should Architects be the only ones allowed to make Planning Applications?

Re: Should Architects be the only ones allowed to make Planning Applications?

Postby PlanE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 am

Solo wrote:When I look at your post I cannot help but to think that you are in fact John Graby as you post is something very dear to his heart.

I'm not John Graby. And I disagree that this is something he would care for... from my knowledge of the man, he goes in the opposite direction: he seems to have done everything to get rid of the myth that the RIAI is a 'closed shop', and clearly has done very little at a political level for the cause of architects overall - most notably during this whole recession. And certainly in the area of overhauling the laughable planning system. Or maybe he is just ineffective...:confused:
PlanE

Re: Should Architects be the only ones allowed to make Planning Applications?

Postby onq » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

PlanE wrote:I'm not John Graby. And I disagree that this is something he would care for... from my knowledge of the man, he goes in the opposite direction: he seems to have done everything to get rid of the myth that the RIAI is a 'closed shop', and clearly has done very little at a political level for the cause of architects overall - most notably during this whole recession. And certainly in the area of overhauling the laughable planning system. Or maybe he is just ineffective...:confused:

(chuckle)

If I read you correctly PlanE, you are saying that he has made the " RIAI is a closed shop" Myth into stark reality!

Perhaps you ARE Grabby, and this is how you declare your victory!!!!11!11!11

(maniacal laughter trailing off into the distance...)

If you look at the machinations of the RIAI and Government both, there appears to be a distinct stragtegy pandering towards "big spenders" in both the qualification levels for pre-regristration for GCCC contracts and the attandances at CPD lectures.

We seem to be going from academic qualification to enforced RIAI registration to pay for your CPD or be de-registered.

Not happy about this.

ONQ.
onq
Old Master

Previous

Return to Ireland