I am working as Production Manager for Tyrone Productions & we're currently producing a documentary series on the history of the Irish Missionary Movement.
We are trying to find an old Catholic church (preferably in the Leinster region) which might have enough of its original features intact that it could pass for 1916. The key criteria are as follows:
* Must look like it could be from 1916 - even if features have been replaced, if they are in the original style/look we could work with that.
* Must have a Confessional Box (again which could pass for 1916)
* Must be surrounded by some land/fields - we will need to film outside the church so cannot have modern telephone poles or cars etc in shot.
I realise this is a long-shot on this forum, but on searching for this church online, I kept coming across pictures of churches from this forum, so am hopeful someone might have an interest or expertise in this area.
Many thanks in advance,
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:36 pm
There use to be a confession box, as far as I can remember. The parish office at the new Star of the Sea Church in Mornington/Donycarney would have more info. Here's a link with pic - site might be too enclosed?
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:39 pm
- Location: Ballybough, Dublin
- Pot Noodle
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:35 pm
- Posts: 378
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 11:00 am
- Location: Dublin