upper camden street

Re: upper camden street

Postby Paul Clerkin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 pm

The basic shopfront with the curve has been like that probably close to 20 years
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby pico » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:23 am

Stephen, my understanding is that the permission was granted after appeal, subject to revised ABP conditions which included the following :
3(a) Details of all external shopfronts and signage shall be the subject of a separate planning permission.
pico

Postby urbanisto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

I took a walk along Camden Street yesterday for the first time in ages and I have to say my epilepsy returned with a vengence. What an assault on the senses! Utter shopfront chaos. Some premises have made great efforts to design a frontage...others are monstrosities of plastic, garish colours and add-ons. Its wild west planning down there again.

Also really noticed how many restaurants and cafes have opened on the street. Its quite amazing how they all survive.

Camden Street Upper terrace owned by those 3 former guards is a disgrace of course...lots of tacky huckster businesses in painting the place bright pink and yellow...none of them seem to know what soap and water is....or how to sweep up. Scumbags.

Couldnt wait to get off it.
urbanisto
Old Master

Postby urbanisto » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm

It seems Camden Street is to get a new hotel, to be located in the much abused terraced discussed previously. The last plans I say were for a zillion-seat "restaurant" that could only have been the foil for a superpub. The hotel will be a more sympathetic use one hopes.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 66188.html
urbanisto
Old Master

Previous

Return to Ireland