So some flesh on the impact metro construction works will have on the green.
- The use of a faint grey symbol to denote removed trees is clearly intended to imply minimal impact.
- Despite obvious difficulty identifying trees to be removed, i've counted 30.
- The island is clearly in for it & its difficult to see how the proliferation of new strucutres it will host can be camouflaged.
- The plan is not accurate; according to the RPA, trees bordering the west & north side of the green do not exist & do not feature, perhaps they're just not worthy of mention.
- This implies that all trees bordering the west & north railing are to be removed & in the case of the west side will be replaced again with a proliferation of plant type structures.
- If so, total trees to be removed will easily exceed 50.
- The massive construction box required will leave us wtih a park bearing the wounds of heavy interference and will stand in stark contrast to the remainder.
- The softness of the mature lake setting in particular, will be lost.