Energy systems for apartment developments

Energy systems for apartment developments

Postby baguio » Sat May 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Have used electric with underfloor heating in an apartment development in the past but want to get a good energy rating on the next one. What other systems could be considered where mains gas is not a possibility?
baguio

Re: Energy systems for apartment developments

Postby shed » Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 pm

I think a large scale wood pellet heater is being used for the heuston gate developement at the moment. Its being placed in the basement and it serves the office, hotel and apartment schemes
shed

Postby Barry Hall » Sat May 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Similar scheme in E Project apartment development in Dungarvan.
Barry Hall

Postby baguio » Sat May 12, 2007 9:17 pm

shed wrote:I think a large scale wood pellet heater is being used for the heuston gate developement at the moment. Its being placed in the basement and it serves the office, hotel and apartment schemes

So that would make for a communal heating system then? There would be no opportunity to bill seperately?
baguio

Postby Barry Hall » Sun May 13, 2007 1:39 pm

No they have a central system but individual users are metered and pay accordingly.
Barry Hall

Postby baguio » Sun May 13, 2007 8:06 pm

Barry Hall wrote:No they have a central system but individual users are metered and pay accordingly.

Thanks for that Barry.

Does anyone have any recommendations on service providers that can design/supply/install?
baguio

Postby mahoney.john » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:52 pm

baguio wrote:Have used electric with underfloor heating in an apartment development in the past but want to get a good energy rating on the next one. What other energy systems could be considered where mains gas is not a possibility?

Through our Entech website we offer a range of renewable energy solutions for your home or Business.
mahoney.john

Postby igy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 pm

I lived in Custom House Square for a while, which as far as I know was 'Bord Gáis Energy Supply'
I believe there was a large central (presumably gas fired) boiler, and the heating + hot water for each apartment was metered via the amount of hot water let in from the central system to each apartment, so presumably someone supplies such systems
igy

Return to Ireland