Sale of Assets

Sale of Assets

Postby PVC King » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 pm

Courtesy of RTE Interactive

"Údarás decision on holiday village reversed

March 26, 2004

(18:10) Údarás na Gaeltachta has decided to reverse its controversial decision to sell a holiday village in Connemara for €500,000 less than the highest bid.

'Tithe Saoire na nOileán' is now expected to be put back on the market in the autumn.

It is understood the Údarás was advised that selling the property at the lesser price would constitute a form of State aid, and that this would contravene EU regulations."

I am finally surprised :confused:
PVC King

Postby sw101 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:55 pm

what?
sw101

Re: Sale of Assets

Postby PVC King » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:10 am

Originally published by RTE Interactive (http://www.rte.ie/news)
Courtesy of RTE Interactive

"Údarás decision on holiday village reversed

March 26, 2004

(18:10) Údarás na Gaeltachta has decided to reverse its controversial decision to sell a holiday village in Connemara for €500,000 less than the highest bid.

'Tithe Saoire na nOileán' is now expected to be put back on the market in the autumn.

It is understood the Údarás was advised that selling the property at the lesser price would constitute a form of State aid, and that this would contravene EU regulations."

Originally posted by Diaspora
I am finally surprised :confused:

Originally posted by sw101
What

The Quote boxes are great for highlighting articles found elsewhere. I have said in the the past that nothing surprises me, but given what was uncovered in Galway this week I am highly surprised, that Udaras had to look as far as Brussels to cancel a contract that stank. Cumann politics where would we be without them? :mad:
PVC King

Return to Ireland