Graffiti

Graffiti

Postby Ronan C » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:07 pm

Don't know if it's just me but has anybody else noticed the huge amount of graffiti on almost every lampost, ESB box, post box etc. etc., in Dublin nowadays ?

It seems to be everywhere. Needless to say I think it looks crap. It's creeping in more and more, take a ride on the DART and you'll see allmost every possible surface along your journey defaced. From the photo's on the previous thread about the LUAS, I see it's started alreday there aswell ...

What can we do about it ??????
Ronan C

Postby roskav » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:08 am

Send the graffiti artists to night classes in colour theory - monochrome graffiti is depressing....
roskav

Postby bluefoam » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:48 pm

Nicely done cutting edge grafitti is okay, but almost all the stuff in Ireland is done by 3 year olds who have progresssed from crayons to spray paint. Makes the irish look like a talentless bunch of muck savages. Go to any other European city & they deface the streets in a very considered & artistic manner.
bluefoam

Postby blue » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:36 pm

Like other anti-social behaviour, boredom is mainly the root cause.

More needs to be provided for kids and teenagers. There are more golf courses than playgrounds in Ireland which says a lot. Start with building playgrounds and skateparks.
blue

Return to Ireland