Esat Building, Grand Canal Street

Esat Building, Grand Canal Street

Postby phil » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:18 pm

I am quite a fan of the Esat building on Grand Canal Street, but I cannot find much information on it! Does anyone know who designed it etc etc, or anything else about it? What do other people make of it?

Thanks

Phil
phil
Old Master

Re: Esat Building, Grand Canal Street

Postby PVC King » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:38 pm

Originally posted by phil
I am quite a fan of the Esat building on Grand Canal Street, but I cannot find much information on it!

There are two ESAT buildings close to grand Canal St, Firstly 2 Grand Canal Plaza which is on the Mount St side of the Rail line.

The other is on the Pearse St side of the tracks and is on Grand Canal Quay. And is Denny O'Briens Dublin office when he isn't skiving tax in Portugal
PVC King

Postby phil » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:45 pm

Sorry Diaspora, I meant Grand Canal Quay but somehow wrote Grand Canal Street. the one I am referring to is the one on the Pearse Street side of the Railway line.

Thanks

Phil
phil
Old Master

Postby trace » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:47 pm

Designed by John Meagher of De Blacam and Meagher: http://www.debm.ie/architects/grandcanal.htm
trace

Postby phil » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:54 pm

Thank you very much for that Trace. I was just noticing this morning that there is an anemometer on the front of the building. I am presently assuming that it is there to automatically retract the blinds when it is too windy!

Thanks again

Phil
phil
Old Master

Return to Ireland