RCSI New Buildings

RCSI New Buildings

Postby BulldozerGirl » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:03 am

The Royal College of Surgeons acquired some of its neighbouring buildings, and there is construction on a new department of pharmacy. I wanted to know if the other old buildings next to it which have their windows smashed in, are going to be demolished as well and if the RCSI also has plans on expanding in that area. Does anyone have any idea?

There is also a new office building called Beux Lane behind the RCSI, I think Dunnes Stores has some offices there. Who owns that building? Is it the RCSI as well? How many buildings do they have in total?
BulldozerGirl

Postby phil » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:21 am

As far as I am aware, the buildings opposite the main RCSI building are owned by them. They were leased to the City Council but now RCSI are going to use them again. Not sure if the whole building is to be demolished but it is going to be used anyhow.

Thanks

Phil
phil
Old Master

Postby Paul Clerkin » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:47 am

Surgeons has always been pretty good at buying up land in its vicinity for redevelopment. They own Mercers Hotel, a multistory that connects into the Green Shopping Centre, Beaux Lane House, the old Mercers Hospital and all of York Street.
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Return to Ireland