Advice Needed

Advice Needed

Postby NeedAdvice » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:22 pm

Hello everyone.

I hope this is the right place to post this question, if it is not I apologise.

Can someone plesse answer these questions for me?

Roughly what should an architect charge for drawing planning permission plans? 150 square metres is the size of the house.

Once planning permission is obtained, in two peoples names, do the two people have to build together, or can one of the individuals go ahead and build?

Are construction drawings necessary for builders to work off?

Thanks,
Bill
NeedAdvice

Postby shadow » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:13 pm

Design or drawing
shadow

Postby PVC King » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:06 am

Quote "Are construction drawings necessary for builders to work off?"

They are vital if anything goes wrong in the process, try explaining your case to a judge without drawings to back up what was agreed
PVC King

Postby NeedAdvice » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:55 am

Drawing, I will provide rough sketches of the size and shape of the house, he will then be coming up with the scaled drawings

Thanks,
Bill
NeedAdvice

Postby sw101 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:29 am

Is he a real architect? A technician that used to work here used to charge 600 to 700 for any size extension, and 1000 to 1200 for a house (planning drawings only). He did it in his own time and therefore he wasnt covered by professional indemnity and couldnt produce working drawings. If you got planning and built it based on his planning drawings he would have no responsibility for them.

My boss on the other hand would charge 2 to 2 and a half grand for a small extension and and double figure percentage of the build cost for a house. What a difference a degree makes
sw101

Postby FIN » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:45 am

hmm planning 1500 for 2 storey. 1200 for single. and unless u have insurance don't produce working drawings. the builder will more than likely build off the planning drawings anyway. the mortgage provider may require an architect's opunion of compliance for each payment but if it's not ur house then not ur problem. that will cost them cos they have to go to an office and get someone to go out and check every few months.
FIN

Return to Ireland