Postcards

Postcards

Postby eric » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:39 pm

The architecture of old Irish Hospitals / infirmities were build in an era when 'style' and 'pleasing' to the eye was attended to as well as 'fitting' in to surroundings. I love and collect postcards of these which reveal history of changing architecture over the years. Modern healthcare institutions seem to have less 'artistic' consideration given to it. I wonder if ANYONE can let me know if ANY place publishes / prints postcards of these buildings and if so how to obtain them.
Any help sincerely appreciated.
Thank you
eric

Postby PVC King » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:56 pm

You're best bet would be to contact Stamp & Postcard dealers the biggest of which is MacDonnell White

You can contact them at:
mdwltd@eircom.net
PVC King

Postby Paul Clerkin » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:03 pm

In reply Eric to your email about St Davnets and the old Bone Hospital in Monaghan, they're not from postcards, just shots I took at one time.

The Bone Hospital is a very nice building indeed

http://www.archeire.com/buildings_ireland/monaghan/monaghan/bone_hospital.html
Paul Clerkin
Old Master

Postby eric » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:08 pm

I never knew about Bone Hospital within St. Davnet's hospital, except when I saw pictures on site. I wondered if these came from postcards but THANK you both for information Diaspora and Paul.
Does anyone know if a book was ever written on history of this place and if so its name?
eric

Return to Ireland