fancier footwork than Fred Astaire?

fancier footwork than Fred Astaire?

Postby alan d » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:54 pm

Hey SW101, just what's this Michael Flatley planning row all about then? Even made the morning news here.

50 million pound investment ruined, 100 Irish workers on site, now sacked because the Cork planners won't let him build a pond, it seems.

Soon as he lifted his arms from his side I knew there would be trouble......... and what the hell happened to that very beautiful red haired Irish lass that danced alongside. Hav'nt seen her for ages. Think we should be told.
alan d

Postby PVC King » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:24 pm

Quote "and what the hell happened to that very beautiful red haired Irish lass that danced alongside."

Did the false rape allegation not reach Glasgow Alan?

Michael Flately's idea of Irish Culture is well presented through his current Las Vegas Project. No doubt you would love it
PVC King

Postby alan d » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:35 pm

No, we're obviously only interested in the really important planning type stuff here.

Oh.......... and anything that includes Maureen O'Hara circa 1955.

Las Vegas?..............yes please.
alan d

Postby PVC King » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:42 pm

Quote "No, we're obviously only interested in the really important planning type stuff here"

Its an important list one mansion in rural Cork, it is only important from a heritage point of view.

So I am amazed that you have any interest at all. Although the story of the planner and the portacabin on day one is quite funny all the same.
PVC King

Postby GrahamH » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:39 pm

On Liveline today people were ringing up to support Flatley for once - describing him as a walking ATM for the local economy.

There's some problem about building a gym and swimming pool, I didn't hear what it was, although it's related to Cork CC giving out - again.
I was very heartened that 3 callers made point of the fact that he restored the sashes rather than install 'that plastic rubbish'.
Pity they wouldn't practice similar thinking on their own homes.

Planner? Portacabin? Please tell Diaspora.
GrahamH
Old Master

Postby PVC King » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:04 pm

Basic enough Graham,

I liked Flats plans for the Ailsbury Rd house, but I think Castlehyde is pretty special and needs to be treated with extra sensitivity.:rolleyes:
PVC King

Re: fancier footwork than Fred Astaire?

Postby sw101 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:18 pm

Originally posted by alan d
Hey SW101, just what's this Michael Flatley planning row all about then? Even made the morning news here

havent heard a thing budday. been sweating out solpadeine since tuesday lying in bed with the flu. managed to catch some snooker though and get in touch with my inner oprah fandom.

Cork County planners are notoriously difficult. I'll try and get in touch my my guys in there over the weekend and see what the inside story is
sw101

Return to Ireland