i just got this via email: any thoughts?
Earth to Mars
* Distance: Approx. 77 Million kms
* NASA Spirit Cost: Approx. 321 Million
* Launched: 10-06-2003
* Landed: Jan 2004
* Status: Working
* Length of first two lines: Approx. 25kms
* Luas cost so far: Approx. 675 million
* Construction of Line A, commenced in September 1999.
* Status: Not working
Just to give some idea of scale, if there were to be an Irish mission
launched in the morning, at this rate it would take 13 million years to
get to Mars, without actually working, in spite of costing EUR208 trillion.
Idiots. But sure, aren't we gas when we've drink taken.