health and safety, ... comfortable stress room

health and safety, ... comfortable stress room

Postby chewy » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:50 am

hi there, wonder if any of yas can advice me

im in a cdvec doing graphic design in a really crappy room, i wonder if yas know anything a bout the regulations re the amount of computers in a room vs people vs size and the air circulation

the room is about 20 x 20 ft (i guess) with 20 macs in it small windows at the top of one wall you can't open fully
its hot its smelly its uncomfortable we've got a small table in the centre which isn't big enough for many people to do messy work

i have to meet with the college management to demand they do something about it
they had the previous years class in a small room they complained about it all year theyve now put us in a smaller one , there an unused staffroom above twice as big but they say it cost em to network it etc. although it wouldn't take us very long

our tutor asked for a health and safety check but they never got one, i looked up the hsa website butn't couldnt find anything specific, im hesitnt to ring cos i do't know what to say...

the tutor also requested a air conditioning unit they attached a small office fan way under the wondows at the back over the radiators which is blowing more smelly hot air across the room

i liked to know if i figure if the room is against regulations, (laws or just guidlines)
and what i can do about it if it is or even if it isn't we don't want stay in this room all year thanks
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:40 pm

18 views and no replies

Postby chewy » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:48 pm

well maybe yas don't know these detials but ya could point me in thee right direction re building regs etc or where i should look
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:40 pm

Postby shadow » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:19 pm

The building control department of the local authority are responsible for the enforcement of building regulations.
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:00 am

Return to Ireland