1889 – Waterloo House, No. 36 Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray

1435

For many years known as The Waterloo, a well-known Dublin bar. “Our Illustration in this number is Waterloo House, No.36 Upper Baggot-street, the property of Mr. J. Keogh. The front is of Edwards’ Ruabon brick, with first storey strings and parapet of limestone, the mouldings have been designed and executed with great care. The internal fittings are carried out in pitch and yellow pine and mahogany; the ceiling of the shop is elaborately decorated, being of plastic, broken into enriched panels. The works have been carried out by Mr. J. Larkin, of Sarsfield-quay, from the designs and under the superintendence of Mr. Albert E. Murray, FRIBA, of 37 Dawson-street.”

See Also