1873 – Oratory, Sion Hill Convent, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson

Irish Builder and Engineer

Fine Gothic oratory constructed in the grounds of a convent. Recently restored, the building had an ornate interior. “With this number we give an illustration of an Oratory erected in the lawn of the above convent. The materials are Dalkey granite with Bath stone dressings. The window at back is filled with stained glass, manufactured by Messrs. Earley and Powells, Camden street Works, Dublin. The interior is laid with fancy tesselated tiles, supplied by Messrs. Sibthorpe and Son. The building was erected, from the design of Mr. J. L. Robinson, architect, by Mr.Stapleton, builder, Kingstown.” The Irish Builder, June 1 1873

See Also