1868 – Chapel & Superintendent’s House, City Cemetery, Derry
Fine entrance to the City Cemetery in Derry on Lone Moor Road. “In connection with the new Cemetery at Londonderry there have been lately completed a Mortuary Chapel and Superintendent’s Dwelling-house, which we illustrate in our issue of this date. The chapel is a neat building in the Gothic style, capable of accommodating about 220 persons, and, as a necessary adjunct to the Cemetery, will be appreciated.
The cost of the works has been about 2,000. This sum includes the purchase of site, entrance-gates, and approach. Messrs. Hutchenson and Colhoun were the contractors, by whom the works have been executed under the direction of Mr. Robert Collins, City Engineer.” The Irish Builder, May 1 1868.