1879 – Glenmachan House, Belfast, Co. Antrim
“For William Ewart, Esq., J.P, Belfast, there is being erected a large-sized villa with four sitting rooms, eight bed-rooms, hot and cold baths, lavatory, two w.c.’s, ample pantries and culinary accommodation; exterior of dressed bricks with terra-cotta decorations; square tower carried up over entrance porch; bay and square projecting windows to sitting-rooms and carried up to roof. Nessrs. Thos. Jackson and Son, Plough Buildings, Belfast, architects; and Messrs. J. and R. Thompson, contractors.” The Irish Builder, October 1 1879.
House designed for William Ewart MP at Belmont on the then outskirts of Belfast. Ewart was President of the Irish Linen Trade and Flax Supply Associations; Mayor of Belfast, 1859-60; and Conservative MP for Belfast, 1878-89.