1878 – Parsonage, Malone Road, Belfast
Design for a parsonage in the rapidly developing and affluent area of Malone in Belfast. “This parsonage has been recently completed for the select vestry of St. John’s Church, Malone, advantage having been taken of the Glebes Loan Act in raising a portion of the necessary funds. It stands on about an acre of ground, a short distance from the church, and has drawing-room, dining-room, study, parlour, kitchen, &c., on the ground floor, and bed-rooms, w.c., and bath-room over these. The exterior is faced with best perforated brick, having bands of Staffordshire blue ones, as shown, and cut-stone lintels over opens. The work was carried out in a satisfactory manner by Mr. Thomas McArthur, according to the plans and under the superintendence of the architect, Mr. William Batt, jun., the outlay being between £1,200 and £1,300.” The Irish Builder, December 15 1878.