1820 – Poolbeg Lighthouse, Dublin

Architect: George Halpin

0009

0009

Originally constructed in the 1760s, it was re-designed and re-built in 1820 by George Halpin. The current lighthouse is painted red to indicate ‘port side’ for ships entering Dublin Bay and North Bull lighthouse (on the other side of the bay) is painted green to indicate it is ‘starboard’.

See Also