1804 – Fever Hospital & House of Recovery, Cork St., Dublin
Constructed 1801-1804, as a Fever Hospital and House of Recovery. The House of Recovery was converted in 1881 by Sandham Symes into the Dublin Convalescent Home. The original hospital consisted of two parallel brick buildings, 80 by 30 feet, three stories high, connected by a colonnade of 116 feet. The eastern range was used for fever, the western for convalescent patients, in order to keep the patients separated. An additional building, much larger than these, was added in 1814, by which the hospital was rendered capable of containing 240 beds.