1896 – St. Enoch Subway Station, Glasgow
The Subway’s most distinctive building – an ornate, Jacobean, late Victorian red sandstone structure; designed by James Miller in 1896. Originally housed both a booking office and the headquarters of the original Glasgow District Subway Railway Company. No longer used as a ticket office following a 1977-1980 modernisation of the systen; it became a travel information centre by SPT, and is now a cafe. It is a category A listed building.