1820s – Kinahan & Sons Wine Vaults, Hamilton Row, Dublin

0240

Built to the rear of No.11 Merrion Square, these massive vaults were described in 1866 as being “in three great divisions running parallel with each other, the centre one being 150 feet, and those on either side being 250 feet in length. The bins are of stone and iron, many of them being of enormous dimensions and holding from 1,400 to 1,500 bottle each.”

See Also