1868 – Leyes Wood, Sussex
Designed as a mansion for James W. Temple. A fantastic victorian confection of brick, gables and chimneys, displaying a knowledge of tradition building forms, it is designed as a cluster of forms around a courtyard. This style of Shaw’s was to develop further at his house for Lord Armstrong – Cragside in Northumberland. Bird’s eye and perspective views published in The Building News, March 31st 1871.