1846 – Engine Shed, Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin
Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with a site area of 73 acres, situated about Milepost One out of Heuston Station. Iarnród Éireann’s Mechanical Engineering department is responsible for the maintenance of rolling stock. It is believed that the locomotive shed is by Sancton Wood who did a lot of station buildings for the Great Southern and Western who operated out of Heuston.